Thursday, March 22, 2012

A LOOK AT THE MYSTERY/SUSPENSE WHITNEY FINALSTS

All I'm going to say about the Mystery/Suspense category is that I loved every last one of the finalists in this category and I feel honored to be counted among such fantastic writers.  I'm anxious to hear what readers have to say about these books.  Rank them if you like or just comment on the pros and cons of the ones you've read.  Same rules as before, each comment on my blog will count as an entry to win a copy of my new book, The Heirs of Southbridge, or any of the many other books I have if you prefer a different book or already have my new one.

Acceptable Loss by Anne Perry
Bloodborne by Gregg Luke
If I Should Die by Jennie Hansen
Rearview Mirror by Stephanie Black
Smokescreen by Traci Hunter Abramson

4 comments:

Karlene said...

I liked all of them. Really, really hard to pick.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I definitely cannot predict who will win this year since they were all strong entries. I think it's going to be very close.

Megan said...

Oh man. So tough. I've read them all but the first one. I really enjoyed them all, but I have to say that Rearview Mirror was probably my favorite. Then close behind it: Should I die, Bloodborn, and Smokescreen. I do want to read Acceptable Loss, but just haven't gotten my hands on it yet. :)

Sara said...

I loved Smokescreen, and If I should Die. I haven't dared read a Stephanie Black again because I read one that left me paranoid for weeks. (I shouldn't read late at night, I know). I love mystery/suspense that doesn't get too creepy, and can't wait to try the ones I haven't read!