Thursday, April 25, 2013

Another Update

This was supposed to be my day to blog on the V-formation.  I didn't get it done.  Instead I did two rounds of rehab exercises, spent four hours on the CPM machine, had a few dozen staples removed from my knee, spent untold hours strapped to an ice machine, took a lot of  pills, fought to stay awake, and never managed to get dressed.  I read Esther by Heather Moore while on the CPM machine.  It's a great book and I look forward to reviewing it. I caught one little error (and believe me only one error is fantastically good).  You really have to look hard to find a typo or misused word in her books.  I also cast my Whitney votes--I didn't do all of the categories this year and I regret that I won't be able to attend the gala.

All in all, I'm doing well and I see a slight improvement each day.  I'm not allowed to go down the stairs from my bedroom to my office yet, so I'm stuck using my old clunker laptop instead of my desk computer. My husband rigged up a board to go across my armchair to set it on because I can't hold it on my lap and I can't twist far enough on the bed to set it beside me there. If I don't get an okay to wander down those four stairs to my office by Monday, I'll have to recruit one of my daughters to post my review for Meridian for me.  It's written, I just can't access it to send in from this computer.  With some cooperation from my editors at Meridian I was able to post today's review.  By the way thanks to all the great authors who have helped me through some long CPM sessions, especially Abramson, Sowards, and Moore!

Hopefully this will be my last surgery.  Two knees and a pancreas in six months has been rough, but I've been the recipient of a lot of love and kindness.  My husband has made so many trips up and down the stairs to take care of me, keep our home running smoothly, cook meals, etc.  I'm convinced that the most romantic gestures are not flowers and candy, but putting on Ted hose, doing the laundry, brushing hair, helping in and out of the shower, keeping track of which pills and when, and serving as an exercise coach.  My kids have all been great to help and even my two-year-old granddaughter has been helpful.  She tried to cover me with a blankie because "Grandma has big owie."

9 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Oh,Jennie, big hugs. Love you much and hang in there.

Karlene said...

Glad you're improving. Sometimes if you get better too fast, You do too much then relapse. Slow but steady wins the race. :)

battraws said...

Your granddaughter is a sweetheart! I hope you heal quickly and can make it back to your office! :-)

Cheri J. Crane said...

Jennie, I'm so glad you're on the mend, but what a long and painful journey you've endured. It sounds like you have the best nurses in the world. Kudos to your hubbie and granddaughter. ;)

Kristie said...

Little kids always make things better, and simply by their innocence. What a sweet little girl. Hope you get mobile soon!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

So glad you're on the other side of the surgeries and starting the healing process. We've been praying for you.

Tara Lloyd said...

Wow Jennie, You are one tough lady! I cringe just reading all that, and you are doing it! Good luck on the recovery! Let me know if you need anything. I could bring over a bowl of broccoli for you and Boyd to snack on. :)

Runaway Bridal Planner said...

Jenny, you have gone through so much lately with all this. Wishing you FAST recovery so you can get back to doing everything you love (painlessly):)

Anonymous said...

thaks for your awesome book so far loved them