The Summer Book Trek is coming to an end. It's officially over this weekend and since I'll be out of town I'm doing my wrap-up post now. The trek has been fun and I enjoyed reading the reviews by other participants. LDS Publisher has asked all of us who participated in the trek to answer a few questions, so here's her questions and my answers.
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read? 24
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn't participated in this book trek? no
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How? Their reviews didn't influence which titles I read, but I was interested to discover what other readers liked and disliked in the books they reviewed.
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How? Not the previous winners; I've already read all of those, but knowing the next awards are coming up, I was conscious of which books I felt merited being nominated.
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How? I'm a little reluctant to answer this one because I really didn't like the blog tours. I read so many on the same books, I was sick of the books before I got to read them.
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not why? No, I didn't finish them all, some because I never actually got the books, some because I didn't like them well enough to finish, and some I'm still working on.
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love? Yes, but I'm not going to name names. I also rediscovered an old favorite, but I didn't find time to review On a Whim by Lisa McKendrick mostly because it's YA and I don't usually review YA.
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards? Sure did! I found quite a few potential Whitney winners.
9. Would you beinterested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer? Yes, definitely.