Saturday, December 27, 2008









Another Christmas, another nutcracker added to my collection. My daughter, Lezlie, gave me the Mouse King. Isn't he cute?






One thing we got plenty of here for Christmas was snow. We had blizzard conditions all day and by the time the storm finally blew itself out, the official weather station said we got 20 inches of the white stuff. It's beautiful, but it has been a real challenge to get walks and driveways cleared and to travel anywhere. That's okay, I also got a bit of a cold and don't mind curling up in front of the fireplace and trying to work out a few Sudoku puzzles.



Here's our grandchildren, some in their new Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve and some who think they're too old to wear their new pj's home from Grandma's house. Of course there's a bit of silliness going on too, but what do you expect from ten children between three and seventeen?
We had a wonderful evening together. The little ones put on the nativity pageant, then the oldest read the story from Luke, followed by the next two oldest playing their guitars while the others sang a Christmas lullaby.

I also got a surprise idea for a Christmas story, one best told from one of my sons-in-law's point of view. If it works out, I'll let you know before next Christmas.

And if I don't get a chance to post again before next Thursday, Happy New Year to all of you.



1 comment:

Kerry Blair said...

I'd hoped you'd get a new nutcracker for Christmas -- enough so that I bought you one myself just yesterday. (Things like that are very hard to resist.)

I can't wait to read the new Christmas story. I so loved this year's!