Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Bookstore

The new bookstore called Provident Books in Pleasant Grove, Utah is a new kind of bookstore. It's a combination toy store, candy emporium, and book store. It's a place where readers can find not only the top sellers from the larger LDS publishers, but can find those harder-to-find books from small publishers and self-publishers. See those odd looking things at the top of the picture? They're kind of like skateboards, but with a place to sit. Kids were zipping around the store on them while I was signing books Saturday and having a blast. For more about the new store go to Tristi Pinkston's blog. In the picture are Karlene Browning, Asst. Mngr, and I'm flanked by two of my favorite authors, Tristi Pinkston and Nancy Allen. Karlene says future author visits will include invitations to book clubs to sit down with an author, round table discussions, and other more intimate opportunities for authors and readers to interact.

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

It was great to see you on Saturday, Jennie!

Cieslak Family said...

I was wondering why the Ruby is the final book in the bracelet series? I expected a total of six books, because we don't know what happened to Clyde with the diamond, or the Sapphire after Anna and her husband died. Also it has been a while since I've read the other 3 books in the series and I was wondering who Clarissa Pascal was, was she in and earlier book. You usually have the books intertwine and I felt like I missed something by not remembering her name. Sorry if you don't usually answer questions here, I didn't know where to find the answers though.

Jennie said...

Cieslak Family, I do answer questions here. I originally intended for the Bracelet series to go to six books, but the powers-that-be decided to end the series with the fourth book. The sixth book was already written and will be published as a stand alone without the Sapphire. It was to be a contemporary with the jewel found in an old lady's trunk in modern times. I am part way through writing the fifth book which when the series was shortened was interwoven with the Ruby's story. It too will be a stand alone with the diamond removed, though followers of the series will probably guess which book it is. As for Clarissa Pascal; she's Spencer Pascal's grandmother. Her first name only appears in the inscription in her Book of Mormon. She is usually simply referred to as Sister or Grandmother Pascal. Thanks for asking.