Monday, August 4, 2008

Ruby Cover

Today I received the cover art for Ruby. It continues the hands theme the artist has used on all of the books in this series. I think this is my favorite. I like the bright red. I finished condensing for the audio format today. Condensing is something I really hate doing and this one was particularly hard because the book is longer than most of my books have been. As soon as I finished, I started right in on proofing the typeset copy which needs to be finished by Friday even though the book won't be released until October. I'll post the first chapter on my web site in a few weeks.

I'm pretty excited about my cover and would love to hear what you think of it.

6 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

It's a beautiful cover, just like all the others. I love the details of the dress. Very nice.

The Green Family said...

It is beautiful! I think it's my favorite too although I've liked all the covers for this series. Betsy

Kerry Blair said...

It's lovely, Jennie. I know it sounds funny to say, but it looks like you! The hands...and even the dress. That really is your color.

Congrats on finishing! (Or almost finishing.) What a relief. As one of your legion of fans -- thank you!

Cheri J. Crane said...

Wonderful cover, Jennie. =)Congrats on the new book. And I've just presented you with a blog award. You'll have to come to my blog to retrieve it. (One of those copy and paste things. Sorry about that.)

You can find it here:
http://crane-ium.blogspot.com/

Doran & Jody said...

I just started reading your book Code Red. I got excited when I got to one of the names.....it is my brothers name (well part of it) and my maiden name. Did you say you knew any Duran's?

Jennie said...

Jody, I know quite a few Durans in Salt Lake. There are a lot of them near the library where I used to work. One particular gentleman was a particular favorite because of his great sense of humor and involvement in several different Olympics (not as an athlete). He was involved in both the US and Italian committees.