Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life goes crazy

Every once in awhile life seems to get a little overwhelming--at least my life does. I started out the week with the flu, then I got the word from my editor that I had to take another four thousand words out of my audio text for The Ruby. Then too, my Meridian column is due Monday, this weekend is stake conference, and I had two shifts at the temple. Somehow posting to this blog got pushed to the back of the list. I worked my way down to five books left in my "to read for possible reviews stack" and along came the UPS man with another box of books. The new books will have to wait for my September column, but there's several of them I'm really anxious to read. Tops on that list is the long, long awaited volume 4 in The Promised Land series by David Woolley. I won't be able to review all five of the books I already had, and it has been difficult narrowing down to the one I will read and get the review written before Monday is over. One is a reissue and really YA so I'll skip that one, but maybe give it a mention, Two didn't start with enough pazzazz to hold my attention, so they'll have to wait. The other two are romances and I think I'll take the one with a smashing great cover. It seems to be a little more mature than the other one anyway though they'll both be in high demand by romance readers. Come to think of it, a romance will round out nicely the cross section of books you'll find in my column next Thursday.
Okay, now I've made my excuses and I have an hour before I need to start getting ready for the Saturday night conference session, I'll go see if I can get a few chapters read.

3 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Man, and I thought I was busy.
Just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin'.....

Too bad you have to cut your book down. I would rather 'hear' an unabridged book anytime. But good luck!!

Jennie said...

My editor said he'd really go to bat for me to get my Spring book unabridged. I hope he succeeds because I really hate condensing. I'm so glad you read my blog and add comments.

David G. Woolley said...

Hi Jennie:

I've been here and back again and decided I'd better let you know I'm lurking. Thanks for all your efforts in your garden, your reviews, and your writing. You are the heart and soul of our little writing community.

All the best,

David G. Woolley