Friday, November 11, 2011

A Salute to Heroes

Among the heroes in my life are the men and one woman who served in the military who have made a personal impact on my life.  There's my son-in-law Rich, my brothers Jerry, Ron, and Vic, my Uncle Russell and his son, Don, my great niece's father Bob, my friend Kerry Blair's son, Matt, and Major Rushton (Pat), a delightful friend I used to visit teach.  Jerry and Uncle Russ are no longer with us, but I wish all of the rest of them, along with the many other men and women who have served the cause of freedom both in America and foreign countries, a day of peace and the gratitude of grateful nations.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I should have included Charles KLittle, Air Force, and Darrell Henson, National Guard, both brothers-in-law and very dear to me.

Jennie said...

The list keeps gwetting longer. Carol Smith, Skip Smith, Craig Smith, and Christopher Henson are family who also served in the military.