Saturday, November 10, 2012

Winter is Here

The first snowfall of the season usually isn't this heavy, but I have to admit it is beautiful.  Last night my son and his wife took my husband and me out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays.  It was my first time trying to walk on snow and slush since my surgery and I'll admit it was scary. 


Since I like to play around with a camera, I thought I'd share a few shots of my back yard showing the same area where I took fall pictures three days ago.  And here's a shot of one of our bird houses:


I'm not brave enough to venture out to anyof the bird feeders.  I'll have to see if I can talk my husband into doing that.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I like the birdhouse picture. It reminds me of the book cover for Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg. I took a picture with my camera phone of the trees across the street from my apartment building and sent it in a message to my elder sister(a Texan). I find the trees whose leaves have already fallen to be quite majestic with a blanket of snow.

Jennie said...

Thanks, Chrys. You've given me an idea for a blog!

Lisa said...

I love the weather her in Utah. It's always changing it's mind about what season were in. Hope you continue to improve after your surgery.