Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'd Chew My Fingernails, But

Actually I'm not a nail biter; I'm just saying that after all these years I'm still a nervous wreck when I submit a manuscript.  I have the greatest editor in the world and I love Covenant's Managing Editor, still . . .

I wondered at times if I'd ever finish this manuscript.  With working two days at the temple and all of the good and bad events that have occurred in my family the past few years, finding time to work on this pair of books has been a challenge.  The first was accepted in the Spring, now I just hope this second companion novel will also be accepted.  My last two books were both Romantic Suspense, but these two are historical with a decidedly Western flavor.

Now while I wait to hear from my publisher, I plan to concentrate on a piece of good news I received this morning and something a bit scary.  The good news first: A court date has been set to finalize the adoption of my newest granddaughter and a date and time have been reserved for her to be sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to my daughter and son-in-law.  Now the other news isn't exactly bad, just a bit scary.  I'll be teaching a class on writing mystery/suspense novels on October 6 at Utah Valley University and also participating in a panel discussion for writers on getting their books reviewed. Whew!

3 comments:

taylorfamily83316 said...

I understnad the nail bitng situations. That is wonderful news about your Granddaughter, and your newest books! I can feel though how dedicated you need to be to work in the temple. Very dear friends of mine work in the Twin Falls Temple once a week, and occasionally fill in for another person, and I know that they are really tired when they arrive home, I at first thought that it was because they arrive at th temple at approximately 4 am., but as I started going to the temple a few times a month, I began to understand a bit better. For me, one or two sessions is about all I can handle. For me, that is because of the emotional toll that the time in the temple takes on me. Not in a bad way either, I truly love being there and I let the emotions that I feel take over, but I am exhausted afterwards, but a wonderful feeling envelopes me, and I love that! As for my dear friends, the wife is also my VT companion, and we usually will go to the temple together, and we try to go twice a month. She is a true gem and those she comes in contact with during her time in the temple are blessed. So, thank yu Jennie for the people you assist while working in the temple!

battraws said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see them in print!

Unknown said...

I hear you there! Finalization is different in different states...we brought home a beautiful little girl in December of 2009 but we had an interrupted adoption in March of 2010 when, during the finalization process(takes 6 months here) they found a "snag" just a birthfather no one bothered to notify...
BUT with 4 successful and 3 failed we are STILL on the positive end there!

As YOU know I am your BIGGEST FAN when it comes to that Western feel! YEE HAW! Your Historical or as I call them Way Backs are my FAVORITE! Here I am wanting to squeal with glee...but 6 people are sleeping, so I'll just squeal on the inside! SQUEEEEE