Monday, December 20, 2010

LAST DAY TO ENTER

Today is the last day to enter the Wish List Christmas Memories contest on this blog.  Enter as many times as you like.  Each follower is entered once and each person who makes a thoughtful comment will be entered twice, more comments-more entries.   All entries will be numbered and the numbers put in a bucket for a random drawing.  The winner will receive his/her choice of an LDS novel from my over-flowing bookshelves. I will pick a second winner solely from the comments on the basis of the one I like best.  So please share your best, worst, or simply most memorable Christmas memory in the comment trail.

2 comments:

geniel said...

I love the Christmas season, it gives me the opportunity to continue sharing what I have been blessed with all year long. The spirit of Christmas is always in my home but comes closer at this time of the year. May we all be blessed with the opportunity to serve those as our Heavenly Father would have us do. May you have love and happiness throughout the year.

Lisa said...

As I recollect my favorite Christmas memory. I think I'd like to share 2. One, as a child of 7 or 8. We must of been poor, not that I recall going without food or shelter, but the extras were slim. I know this event happened because I still have the doll. My mom says we received one thing for Christmas day and then went to the after Christmas sale to purchase one more. I selected a wild west poseable doll with hat and holster.
My other favorite memory is the last Christmas all my children were still my own and I wasn't sharing them with spouses or expanding families of their own. It's so amazing that we raise our children to be independent and make good choices and marry. But when they do exactly what we trained them for, it breaks our hearts.